SikaProof® SK3000 membranes are sheets comprising a thick HDPE film, an aggressive pressure sensitive adhesive and a weather resistant protective coating. It is a pre-applied membrane with a special adhesive to allow concrete to bond to it, when concrete is poured against the membrane. This unique bond allows the membrane to achieve a positive side waterproofing barrier in all situations at site.
- Thick HDPE provides high dimensional stability, puncture & tear strength.
- Unique pressure sensitive adhesive technology ensures continuous seal.
- Factory-controlled thickness.
- Chemical resistance provides effective protection against any external aggressive element.
- Accommodates settlement & shrinkage movement.
- Forms a unique integral seal to concrete poured against it, thus preventing lateral water migration and is unaffected by ground settlement beneath slabs.
- Provides a barrier to water, moisture and gas - physically isolates the structure from the surrounding ground.
- Self protecting - can be trafficked immediately after application and ready for immediate placing of reinforcement.
- Adhesion of membrane to concrete is unaffected by rain or wet conditions.
- Chemically-resistant property means it is effective in all types of soils and waters and protects structure from salt or sulphate attack.